Friday, June 19, 2009

Sleep- The Twin Brother of Death


I wish Morpheus would swoop down in another disguise and whisper some more truths into my dreams and powder my eyes with sand. Another night of fortunes will keep my eyes stitched shut longer, but I'll have to admit that I do not always like Morpheus' power to reach into the shadows of my subconscious. It can be a little more frightening than the dreams Phobetor disturbs my cognition's with; My phobias can be quickly over come when I'm abruptly pulled from my trauma influenced slumber. Should I trust the false sense Morpheus gives of a psychic power that makes me doubtful? He only leaves me with the nights premonitions, which trail my thoughts until tragically proven right. I feel the same gut-wrenching stress that perplexes me after equivocal astrological readings and he leaves me with the same chill I acquire from ambiguous lovers.  I'll blame the seductive power of poppy that makes me desire to be thrown back into his ebony bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment